Thanksgiving always falls on the 4th Thursday of November and always leads to a long weekend because who wants to work on a Friday after turkey day! Well here are some ideas on how you can spend your long mini vacation and make it fun and relaxing.
- Bake! Who doesn’t love to have some homemade goodies around the house. Now is the time to set up your pies, cookie exchange items, make pumpkin spice bread, banana bread and any other of those scrumptious holiday goodies. If you are watching your macro intake, explore some festive but healthier ways to bake.
- It’s Thanksgiving, Celebrate! Hosting dinner? Now is the time to finish up your plans and put together those few last-minute items. Traveling? Check flights, driving directions and route ahead of time to speed your trip. Whether you are home or away, make time to enjoy the experience and family and friends.
- Be grateful and kind. Spreading a little bit of kindness into the world goes a long way. Like they say, if you put out good karma, it will find you again. Consider giving to local charities for those less fortunate than you this holiday. Also express what you are most thankful for around the Thanksgiving dinner table. It’s the small things that mean the most to a lot of people.
- Laundry time. Ok, now its Friday and its time to clean up. Spend some time in the am to launder up all your linens. If you use cloth tablecloths, napkins, placemats, etc Friday am is a great time to get them clean and put back away.
- Get outdoors. By Friday afternoon you may be going stir crazy so get moving and get outside for a walk or bike or run especially if there is sunshine and fair weather. Now is the time to experience those moderate fall temps before we get shut in by winter’s chill. Maybe even find a local charity race in your area (giving back).
- Follow up holiday prep. Following Thanksgiving everyone turns on their Christmas fever it seems. Use this weekend to work on your Christmas and New Year’s holiday prep. Pick out a tree, pull out your trimmings, check your lights or replace them. It won’t be long before Christmas sneaks up on you.
- Black Friday weekend. Black Friday is a huge deal, but you will notice that a lot of those deals will spread into the weekend for most stores. They want to take advantage of the hype and holiday feeling to get their merchandise sold. So, head out this weekend even if its just stopping by one store or two. Take advantage of this deal weekend and start your Christmas shopping.
- Sunday Funday. Round out your weekend with some comfort time on the couch. Netflix has some great series that just put out new or first seasons, catch up on your favs on Hulu or OnDemand through your cable provider or with Amazon Prime. Whatever your media mode, enjoy some downtime or me time on the last day of the weekend to prepare for Monday’s hectic return after four days off.
Hope you found these tips useful. I would like to wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving and let you know that I am grateful for all my clients, past, present and those I haven’t met yet. I hope to continue serving you in all your real estate endeavors.
And remember if you, a friend or family member need assistance with selling or buying a home I can help. Referrals and people needing relocation assistance are welcome! Search Single Family homes in Greenville. Search Condos and Townhomes in Greenville.