March is certainly roaring in like a Lion in most parts of the U.S. We are suffering through record cold and getting teased by snow and icy rain. As I am writing this, snow is passing by North of us and we are socked in with rain. Guess the groundhog was right this year. And on to brighter topics. Here are some upcoming activities for St. Patrick’s Day and the month of March. Let’s hope it goes out like a lamb.
- Return to the Green Irish Cultural Festival on Sunday March 8th. Festival starts at 1pm with the main street parade starting at 1:30 pm destination Flour Field. Admission: FREE
- Visit Connolly’s Irish Pub in downtown Greenville for a night of good Irish fun and maybe some Shepard’s pie.
- Saturday March 7th at the Moe Joe Coffee and Music House catch 6 String Drag. Time 8:30pm. Admission $5 in advance, $7 at the door. Check out the link above for more acts appearing at this new venue.
- World renown Latin Jazz legend Arturo Sandoval appearing at the Younts Center for Performing Arts in downtown Fountain Inn on March 21 at 7:30pm. Admission $55/$50/$45.
- The Forever Charlie Tour with Charlie Wilson makes a stop at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena on March 11th at 7pm. Admission $85/$65/$49.50.
- Greenville Heritage Main Street Fridays will be starting on March 20th and running weekly to September. Happening in NOMA Square come out for FREE music. Kids zone. Times are 5:30-9:30pm.
- Elton John comes to town at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena on March 13th as part of his “All The Hits” tour. Time 7pm.
- Starting March 19th Piedmont Natural Gas Downtown Alive at NOMA Square weekly on Thursday evenings at 5:30pm. Outdoor street party with live music. Admission is FREE.
- There are so many more events than what I could possible list here for the month of March so check out this calendar link I grabbed for you to see what else is in store.
Brief News Tidbits
- Developers working to redo The Greenville News site have expanded to the entire city block.
The nearly four acre parcel is right across from the Peace Center. They were able to buy out the owners of two buildings in the area to get the whole block.
- Street renaming in the cards. The west side of Camperdown Way may be renamed to Falls Park Drive.
- Downtown Greenville is ranked No. 4 on Livability.com’s “Top 10 Best Downtowns 2015.”
If you need assistance with selling or buying a home I can help. Referrals and people needing relocation assistance are welcome! Search Single Family homes in Greenville. Search Condos and Townhomes in Greenville.