Let’s get a little “philosophical” for a moment. You head to Facebook or Instagram (or your favorite social media platform), and your best friend has posted an image of those mind blowing brain teaser images. You know what I’m talking about – do you see a cat or a duck. What do you really see?
Most of us, myself included, will stare at those crazy things until my eyes feel like they’re going to fall out. There are times when I totally don’t see what others are seeing, and that’s ok! Every single one of us is different, and we all see things differently.
Take for instance this image to your right. Do you see white pillars with a black background – or do you see shadows of men? Now that you know that both of those items are there, you more than likely see both. But without knowing it in the beginning, you may not have seen one or the other.
If you do a search for “what do you see”, there actually is a philosophical reasoning behind these images. Depending on how you view them, scientists say that it shows your personality, lifestyle, and even which side of your brain is stronger than the other. For instance, if you see a duck, you favor the right side of your brain. If you see the bunny, you favor the left side.
Pretty interesting, isn’t it? Imagine if you walked into a home where the wall was covered in these types of pictures. What would you really see?
Real Estate News
The top trends driving home-buying in 2021:
- Greenville is a relocation destination. Remote work is here to stay – and without the need to live close to work, people are moving out of bigger metropolitan areas and into the suburbs and smaller cities, like GVL.
- Kitchens sell homes. This is an obvious fact to anyone who has ever bought or sold a home (or binged House Hunters), but it’s especially important this year. Quarantine brought out many of our inner home chefs and bakers, and people looking to continue their newfound hobby in their new digs will certainly want the best home kitchen space to do so.
- People are shopping for second homes. We’ve all been looking for some sort of escape from all the chaos of 2020. Many of those who have the means are looking to buy second homes for an occasional getaway.
- A quiet home office > an open floor plan. Between WFH, e-learning, and just being at home more, having a private space to work (or relax) became a necessity in 2020. In 2021, that could result in a resurgence in divided floor plans, or people upfitting spaces like the FROG or the backyard shed to create a new space to retreat.
- Outdoor living. Whether to reconnect with nature or have a social-distanced hang with neighbors, having a relaxing yard, patio or porch is more important than ever.
Local Greenville SC News
More affordable housing is coming to Greenville! Check this out, 19 parcels of land have been donated by Unity Park to create more affordable housing. One of those plots will be used primarily for senior housing, however most have not had finalized plans. Read the entire story on WSPA!
People are on the move and I am ready to help you buy or sell in the Greenville area. Please contact Victoria Cottle by email email@example.com or call (864) 275-3953 for your real estate needs in the Upstate of South Carolina!
Victoria Cottle is a Realtor® in the Greenville South Carolina area and if you, a friend, or a family member need assistance with selling or buying a home I can help. Referrals and people needing relocation assistance are welcome! Search Single Family homes in Greenville. Search Condos and Townhomes in Greenville.