This summer will not be the same. Upstate cities that have regular summer activities are already postponing or canceling them due to COVID-19. Here is a list of what I found by the city.
- 4th of July celebration canceled.
- Annual Freedom Blast festival postponed.
- Moonlight Movies series postponed.
- Tunes in the Park postponed.
- Public ribbon cutting and street festival for July 10th to be rescheduled.
- Red, White & Boom celebration canceled.
- Plans for Wells Fargo Red, White & Blue will be announced soon.
- TD Market will return June 6th but with changes.
Greenville County Schools will be continuing with its summer meal program. It will begin on June 8th and continue to August 7th. Meals will be provided Monday – Thursday, 10 am to 12 pm at various locations. On Thursdays, each student will receive 8 meals (4 breakfasts & 4 lunches) to cover the weekend.
Real Estate News
COVID-19 put a lot of things on hold including the spring real estate buying season. But now that things are beginning to reopen, this summer may become the “spring” buying season. And it is probably likely that the buying season will continue into the fall. Google has noticed a 92-point increase in the search term “real estate”. Buyers are looking for homes virtually. This should not surprise you since the National Association of Realtors has been telling us that buyers were always looking online first. Another incentive for buyers is the continually historically low mortgage rates.
For sellers, it will be a great summer to sell. Inventory is still incredibly low and home values keep going up. It will be easier to make your home stand out from the crowd with less competition.
One thing this pandemic has shown us is that our homes are more than just a place we eat and sleep. They have become our office, a classroom for our children, and a haven providing shelter, stability, and protection for our families.
June is National Homeownership Month and it is a great time to reflect on the benefits of owning a home.
- Owning a home brings families a sense of pride, satisfaction, and happiness.
- Buying a home is an investment in your family’s financial future.
- Owning a home is a boost to your local economy.
If you would like to celebrate National Homeownership Month by buying a home, contact me today!
Victoria Cottle is a Realtor® in the Greenville South Carolina area and if you, a friend, or a family member need assistance with selling or buying a home I can help. Referrals and people needing relocation assistance are welcome! Search Single Family homes in Greenville. Search Condos and Townhomes in Greenville.
Please contact Victoria Cottle by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (864) 275-3953 for your real estate needs in the Upstate of South Carolina!