A quick look into some of the upcoming lifestyle changes happening in Greenville SC. The following restaurants are opening and closing in town.
- Green Fetish: The healthy, casual restaurant is coming to the former American Roadside Burger Location. The same group that manages Otto Izakaya is opening Green Fetish.
- Urban Wren Winery: The wine bar and upscale dining restaurant will also feature a market where customers can purchase beer, wine, and local food products. The restaurant will open in Markley Station on North Markley Street.
- Charleston Sports Pub will be opening in the old Wild Wing Café spot. This will be their 6th location with a menu that features lunch and dinner items daily, weekend brunch and some late-night bites until midnight every night. Made to order food with fresh ingredients. Delivery will be available. They are anticipating to open Wednesday, July 17th.
- Coastal Crust: The brick and mortar pizza shop offering Neapolitan-style wood-fired pizza, homemade pasta dishes, fresh salads and more. Stop by 1254 Pendleton St.
- Unlocked Coffee Roasters: A new coffee shop is coming to the Poe West development, a new mixed-use development in the Village of West Greenville.
The YMCA of Greenville SC has just launched a new signature health and wellness program called Flex Fit. The new program will be an added benefit to their current membership. Designed by their highly credentialed experts. There are three levels, Emerge, Elevate and Excel. Inside each of the three levels are Flex Fit tracks that will consider your specific health and wellness outcome. The intensity can be scaled to any ability and where you want to participate is flexible, in a group or solo.
Like driving in the fast lane. Well, several South Carolina lawmakers are working to change that by proposing laws that will allow police officers to pull over fast lane drivers if they are driving too slowly in the left lane on major roads. If this surprises you then take note of this fact, North and South Carolina are the only southern states without this type of legislature. There are a House bill and a Senate bill being worked that will basically propose the same thing. The house bill has a fine of $200 plus two points assessed on your license where the senate bill has a fine of $100 and no points assessed on your license. The Senate Transportation Committee has already voted unanimously to pass the bill. The House bill has not yet gone to the committee.
Closings Around Town
The Organic Cat Café and Listening Lounge has announced they are closing and moving to Atlanta, GA. They will be rebranding themselves as The Frisky Whisker. Their last day in Greenville SC is Feb 16. If you liked eating and drinking while snuggling up to cats, get in and get your last bit before they are gone for good.
Greenville SC is vital to the upstate region’s economy. Located between the two major cities of Charlotte and Atlanta, it offers some of the best employment opportunities in the region. Here are some of the top local employers.
- Prisma Health
- Greenville County Schools
- Michelin North America
- Bi-Lo, LLC
- Bon Secours St. Francis Health System
- GE Power
- Duke Energy Corp.
- Greenville County Government
- State of South Carolina
- Fluor Corporation
You will notice that these companies cover an array of services that are in demand right now. With a strengthening economy and more jobs being created in the U.S. having influential local employers is an integral part of employment in Greenville SC.
Victoria Cottle is a Realtor® in the Greenville South Carolina area and if you, a friend or a family member need assistance with selling or buying a home I can help. Referrals and people needing relocation assistance are welcome! Search Single Family homes in Greenville. Search Condos and Townhomes in Greenville.
Please contact Victoria Cottle by email email@example.com or call (864) 275-3953 for your real estate needs in the Upstate of South Carolina!