We all feel lazy from time to time. With the ongoing pandemic, you may not even feel comfortable going to the store to pick up things you may need to fix a creaky floor, clean a stain on your rug, etc. Here’s the great news – I can almost guarantee that you have some if not all of these items in your home right now, and every single one of them is incredibly inexpensive.
- Phew!!! Nothing is worse inside of your home than a stinky garbage disposal. That smell is just unbearable! If you’ve scrubbed out your sink and still smell the stink of death coming from the drain, here is a simple fix that I bet you’ve never thought of. Use those old ice cube trays you have sitting in the box in your garage. Fill them with white vinegar, and freeze those little vinegar cubes. If you wish, add some lemon slices or cubes to each. Now, whenever the stink is coming up from the drain, drop one or two of your vinegar cubes into the drain, run a little water, and turn on the disposal. The smell should be gone! If not, repeat! Oh, and just make sure that you mark those vinegar ice cubes in your freezer – you don’t want someone dropping them into their sweet tea!
- While we’re talking about smells. Let’s get rid of that musty smell coming from your washer. Simply wipe your washer’s seal with a 50% mixture of white vinegar and warm water. Then, put a cup of baking soda into the washing machine tub, and pour white vinegar into the detergent dispenser. Run your washer on it’s hottest cycle, and repeat this once a month.
- A rusty sink. Have you noticed yet that vinegar is your friend? Well, it will be once again. If you have a stainless steel sink, and you can very distinctly see that annoying rust line, here’s an easy fix. Make a paste of white vinegar and baking soda – and rub it onto the rusty lines or patches. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then scrub it off with warm water and a scrub pad. Your annoying stains should be gone!
- Remove a stripped screw. Now we’ve all encountered this problem – and boy is it annoying! Instead of using every word in the book, here’s an easy way to get that stripped screw out of the wall. Take a heavy duty rubber band and place it over the head of the stripped screw. This trick should give you enough traction to help “unscrew” the problem.
- Fix a squeaky door. If you have hardwood flooring, you’ve probably heard of the tricky to sprinkle some baby powder on a squeaky floor and sweep it into the cracks to help alleviate the creaks. But, what can you do with a squeaky door other than WD-40? If you don’t have any WD-40 in your home, or if you simply don’t prefer using it, you can use petroleum jelly, a wax candle, a bar of soap or even a stick of butter. Pull the actually hinge pin out of the door, and simply coat the pin in your lubricant of choice! Simply replace the pin, and you will be squeak free for months!
Real Estate News
In December 2020, the median list price of homes in Greenville, SC was $249.5K, trending up 3.4% year-over-year. The median listing price per square foot was $125. The median sale price was $233.8K.
With my years of experience and knowledge of the local market, I can help you find that perfect home Greenville or our surrounding areas.
Local Greenville SC News
Are you, or do you know someone, who is ages 70+? Prisma Health is now offering COVID-19 vaccinations for our residents who are age 70+, and you can make an appointment. They have two vaccination sites – one inside the old Kmart Plaza in Greenville (near Greenville Memorial Hospital), and the other is a drive-through location in Columbia at 22 National Guard Road. If you know someone who is eligible, they may visit www.PrismaHealth.org/Vaccine or call 833-2PRISMA (833-277-4762) for assistance. You may also wait in a drive-thru lane without making an appointment.
As a reminder – as of January 20, 2021 South Carolina remains in phase 1a of COVID-19 vaccination distribution, which includes the following:
- People age 70 and older regardless of health status or preexisting conditions
- Hospitalized, non-COVID patients age 65 and up
- Front-line physicians, nurses and other team members
- All hospital staff and independent physician practices
- Community first responders such as EMTs and firefighters
- Staff at Federally Qualified Health Centers and free medical clinics
- School nurses
- Dentists and oral surgeons
- Funeral home personnel
People are on the move and I am ready to help you buy or sell in the Greenville area. Please contact Victoria Cottle by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (864) 275-3953 for your real estate needs in the Upstate of South Carolina!
Victoria Cottle is a Realtor® in the Greenville South Carolina area and if you, a friend, or a family member need assistance with selling or buying a home I can help. Referrals and people needing relocation assistance are welcome! Search Single Family homes in Greenville. Search Condos and Townhomes in Greenville.