Here are some tips on how you can make your guest room a haven for your visitors. But be careful they may not want to leave.
- Extra Chargers and Cords. When traveling, dead phones equal misery for the owner. Think about placing a bowl with different types of power strips, outlet converters, cords and maybe portable speakers in your guest room. When a visitor feels comfortable with their digital stuff they feel at home. Remember to post your guest wi-fi name and password they can use to log in so they aren’t bugging you about every device.
- Sample Sizes in the Bathroom. Create a basket and place your hotel samples or any other samples you get in it. Walmart has great deals on travel size items also. If your guest forgot something they will be relieved to see something they can use in the bathroom.
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness. Or that is what my mom used to say. But seriously, raise the standards on clean in your guest bathroom. Scrub every nook and cranny. Make sure you can smell that you used a cleaner after you finish.
- Personal Touches. Don’t be afraid to personalize your guest spaces. Personal touches can make your guests feel at home and relaxed knowing that the room is just not some sterile version of a hotel room.
- Radio Bath. Maybe your guests like to hear music in the morning when showering or would just like some noise for privacy. Adding an oil diffuser or a bottle of poo-pourri drops is also a nice touch.
- DIY Coffee or Tea. Blow the minds of your guests by adding a mini coffee or tea station to the guest room or bath. Maybe even a mini-fridge with some snacks for late night snackers. Ask ahead of time to get they specific choices and customize to their liking.
- Designate Space. Guests will feel unimposing if they have some closet space to hang clothes and some drawer space to place clothes in. It maybe time to clean out your guest room so it can be guest friendly.
- Hospitality. Fill a basket with menus from local restaurants and/or pamphlets from local businesses you like to use. The latest issue of your community newspaper is a nice touch.
- Robe Them. A nice upscale touch is adding a couple of simple robes to your guest closet for their use. Always make sure they are freshly washed before your guests show up.
- Expect the Unexpected. We all do it when traveling. Forget that one essential and then must run to Walmart to get it. Well if you think ahead of your guest and add a some of these under the sink or in a small cabinet your guests will love you. Some disposable razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, small first-aid kit, towels, pillows, additional blanket, umbrella, flashlight and replacement light bulbs.
Hosting guests and family with good results can be achieved. Just think about what you might need if you were to visit someone or somewhere else. Even just a few of these “comfort” items can make their stay more enjoyable.
For notice on daily events LIKE our Facebook page @VictoriaCottlesCorner.
And remember if you, a friend or family member need assistance with selling or buying a home I can help. Referrals and people needing relocation assistance are welcome! Search Single Family homes in Greenville. Search Condos and Townhomes in Greenville.