Apparently, Greenville SC has a problem. Although it is a foodie town, it catered to either the fast food crowd or the high-end restaurant crowd. Well along came something that professes to be an in-between option for those of use who only have $10 to $20 to spend on a meal.
Within walking distance to Fluor Field, steps in Gather GVL, an outdoor food hall concept that has now opened after two years of planning and developing. Here is a quick list of the concepts they will be entertaining.
- West End Coffee Bar with expresso drinks and lattes, smoothies and nitro brew all made with their own West End Coffee Roasters beans. It seems that like craft beer, craft coffee is becoming more popular. Look out Starbucks©.
- Sweet Sippin’ is a Greenville SC location of the Simpsonville-base wine bar where you can buy wine by the glass or by the bottle. Wine bars are also on the up swing.
- Prost! Feeds the German in you with their inspired menu of bratwurst and German beers.
- Saki Saki features a new concept from Sushi Murasaki and The Orient. They will treat us to poke bowls and hibachi. And if you are like me, I had to look up poke bowls. Apparently an all new rage in the sushi realm, it is sliced or cut up raw marinated fish, usually tuna tossed over rice and topped with vegetables and tasty sauces.
- CocoBowlz which started as a food truck offers a variety of plant-based and healthy acai bowls, smoothies and juices.
- The Pasta Addict is a brick and mortar debut. They will occupy the incubator space where new businesses are fostered with a lower cost space to help them get a start. Expect fresh pastas and sauces served in portable cones. What? A cone full of pasta! Stop! Apparently this harkens back to the 1950’s when Italy was poor and most of the street food was served in paper cones. Fascinating!
- Rocky Moo a Spartanburg-based ice cream sandwich shop bringing its treats to Greenville. Selections include ice cream sandwiches, milkshakes and floats.
- Mike’s Philly Cheese steaks and Roast Pork is bringing back the traditional Philly cheese steak sandwich and the classic roast pork hero.
- Greenville Beer Exchange craft beer on tap. Enough said!
- Al Taglio Roman-style pizzas with chewy dough and creative toppings.
- KO Burger will feature pressed burgers, wholesome hot dogs, fries and milkshakes.
- HenDough similar to their Hendersonville location focusing on yeast doughnuts.
- Mercado Cantina focuses on food from the Yucatan region of Mexico. It will also feature a full bar focusing on various types of tequilas and their drinks.
Stop by and check them out. The philosophy behind the concept was to get people to put down their phones and electronic devices and interact and connect with one another again.
Victoria Cottle is a Realtor® in the Greenville South Carolina area and if you, a friend or a family member need assistance with selling or buying a home I can help. Referrals and people needing relocation assistance are welcome! Search Single Family homes in Greenville. Search Condos and Townhomes in Greenville.
Please contact Victoria Cottle by email email@example.com or call (864) 275-3953 for your real estate needs in the Upstate of South Carolina!