Here we will look at some campgrounds in the Greenville SC area. Please note that due to the ever-changing COVID-19 situation that any information presented below is subject to change. Check out the individual websites for the latest information.
- KOA Traveler’s Rest – Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains and conveniently located between Greenville, SC and Asheville, NC, this is a family owned and operated campground. There is a babbling brook that runs near most of the campsites. Sites available for RVs, tents, and campers. They also have some KOA Kabins. Minutes from hiking, biking, fly-fishing, tubing/whitewater rafting, zip-lining and more.
- Wildwater – located on 20 acres at the Historic Long Creek Academy. Choose from whitewater rafting on the Chattooga River or zip lining through the trees. Affordable, convenient lodging choices all within walking distance of the whitewater rafting trip or zipline. Pick from houses, cabins, cottages, treehouse and yurt rental options.
- Caesars Head State Park – a must-see in Upstate South Carolina. Breathtaking views from the overlook. Hawk Watch observes the raptors as they migrate to their South American feeding grounds. During the summer, take a dip in the Middle Saluda River or follow the Jones Gap Trail and go from swimming hole to swimming hole. Hike the Rainbow Falls Trail and relax in the cooling mist of the falls. No drive-up campsites, back-country camping only.
- Devils Fork State Park – off the Cherokee Foothills National Scenic Highway. Popular with families, fishermen, scuba divers and boaters. Lake Jocassee, 3 boat ramps, 20 lakeside villas, 59 standard campsites for RVs or tents, 25 tent camping sites, and 1 boat-in campground.
- Keowee-Taxaway State Park – on the shore of Lake Keowee, 3-bedroom cabins, 10 standard campsites for RVS and tents, 14 tent sites, 5.5 miles of trails for hiking and walking, 1 canoe/kayak access point.
- Lake Hartwell State Park – 56,000-acre Lake Hartwell has a reputation for top-flight angling.
- Table Rock State Park – a towering backdrop for an upcountry retreat at the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains with two lakes, a campground, mountain cabins and a historic renovated lodge. 80-mile foothills trail allows you to travel between several connected South Carolina State Parks. Two park lakes, 1 historical lodge, 94 standard campsites for RVs or tents, 14 cozy cabins, and 1 old-fashioned swimming hole with high dive.
Greenville Area Update
The second area White Duck Taco restaurant in Greenville SC is open. The 4,000 sf is located at The Junction at 301 Airport Road. It has a full cocktail bar with a dedicated cocktail menu to pair well with their tacos. White Duck Taco was created as a place to grab a flavorful, creative and tasty taco.
Real Estate News
- The number of mortgages in active forbearance is leveling off. For July 31 reporting period the number was 4.1 million compared to a higher 4.58 million on July 3rd. Of the original 4,208,000 families granted forbearance only 2,588,000 of them got an extension.
- Biggest Perk for Buyers: low mortgage rates. The 30-year fixed rate is now averaging 2.88%, the lowest rate in surveyed history dating back to 1971. Huge advantage for buyers.
- Biggest Perk for Sellers: low inventory. There are just not enough homes on the market for buyers looking to buy them. This has fueled competition in many markets with some markets selling homes for a higher price and increasing the profit margin on the selling homes.
People are on the move and I am ready to help you buy or sell in the Greenville area. Please contact Victoria Cottle by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (864) 275-3953 for your real estate needs in the Upstate of South Carolina!
Victoria Cottle is a Realtor® in the Greenville South Carolina area and if you, a friend, or a family member need assistance with selling or buying a home I can help. Referrals and people needing relocation assistance are welcome! Search Single Family homes in Greenville. Search Condos and Townhomes in Greenville.