My Greenville neighbors! Living in this town, you probably feel as if you know just about everything there is to know about our area – right? Well, I beg to differ a little. I can almost guarantee that there is probably something you don’t know about Greenville.
So, let’s test your smarts today. Did you know this about Greenville?
- Until 1776, Greenville was part of the Cherokee Nation’s protected lands.
- The first white man to settle in Greenville was Richard Pearis, and he married a Cherokee woman. He was actually given several tracts of land but because he was not a Patriot, he lost all of his possessions and land during the Revolutionary War.
- We were known as the “Textile Center of the World” in the early 1900’s.
- And in 1831, our name was CHANGED to Greenville. That’s right, we used to be Pleasantburg!
- And while we’re talking about our name, it wasn’t always spelled the same way either. We used to be spelled Greeneville – probably after the Revolutionary War hero Nathaniel Greene.
- Paris Mountain was named after Richard Pearis – but they used the French spelling so it wouldn’t be so confusing.
- Greenville served as a training camp center for Army recruits during World War I.
- And the Donaldson Center Airport served as a military base after World War II until the 1960s.
If you’re thinking of buying a home in Greenville or our surrounding areas, I’d love to chat with you! We’ll find your dream home – together! Sellers – don’t forget to contact me in regards to selling your home too! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and my direct phone is (864) 275-3953.
Real Estate News
With home prices rising 8.2% over the past year, the medium-sized community of Greenville presents some interesting real estate investment opportunities. The city now has some of the more expensive housing in the state with a median home value of $186,900.
Estimates show home prices will continue to rise in the city with Zillow predicting another 4% increase over the next year. The current median rent price is $1,200 with an average list price of $274,900 and a median sales price of $201,200.
Local Greenville SC News
Everyone, I am so excited! Live music is coming back! Greenville Heritage Sound Check is going to start hosting live concerts once again at the Peace Center Amphitheatre, beginning on April 7th! They’ll run every Wednesday from 6-9 pm with social distancing measures in effect. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait!
People are on the move and I am ready to help you buy or sell in the Greenville area. Please contact Victoria Cottle by email email@example.com or call (864) 275-3953 for your real estate needs in the Upstate of South Carolina! You can also always follow me on Facebook!
Victoria Cottle is a Realtor® in the Greenville South Carolina area and if you, a friend, or a family member need assistance with selling or buying a home I can help. Referrals and people needing relocation assistance are welcome! Search Single Family homes in Greenville. Search Condos and Townhomes in Greenville.