Ever moved and wished you had done a little more research on the moving company you selected? I think we’ve all had that experience. Here are some questions you should ask your mover, to make you feel more comfortable in making the right decision.
- What is the charge for packing?
- Does it include boxes? If not, what do they cost and will you deliver them?
- Is there an additional charge to deliver some items to a storage unit?
- How is a damage claim handled?
- What insurance do you provide and is there a cost?
- Does the insurance cover items packed by the owner?
- Can additional insurance be purchased?
- If items are covered by my Homeowner’s insurance, whose insurance pays first?
- Can you ship my car(s)? Will they be in the moving van or towed?
- What are the charges for shipping cars, lawn tractors, etc?
- What items cannot be shipped?
- If a shuttle truck is needed because of the location of my house or size of the drive way, is there an additional charge?
- If packing and loading are on different days, can you leave the beds and other basics out for us to use?
- What dates are available for our move?
- What date will you pack and how long will this take?
- What date will you load the van?
- What date will the van arrive at my new location?
- If my new home is not ready for delivery, how many days can it be delayed before there is a charge?
- What is the charge for additional days or weeks?
- Are there any additional fees that I’m responsible for that have not been discussed?
- What are the terms of payment?
- Is a down payment required?
- When will the balance be due and who is authorized to accept it?
Moving? Here’s a link to change your address online with the United States Postal Service.
Thinking of buying a home in Greenville or our surrounding areas? I’d love to chat with you! We’ll find your dream home – together! Sellers – don’t forget to contact me in regards to selling your home too! My email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and my direct phone is (864) 275-3953.